PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To develop the ability to select and use the proper PPE for assigned duties and the ability to inspect it correctly.
The topics covered during this training are:
- Hardhat inspection
- A test for brittleness on a hardhat
- Proper use for each type of eye and face protection
- Differentiating between impact goggles and splash goggles
- Uses for each type of glove
- Criteria for selecting the right rubber glove for chemicals
- Advantages of each type of steel toe footwear
- The three modes of failure associated with protective garments
The candidate will be required to score a minimum competency of 70% on a written exam.