To develop an awareness of the effects of noise on hearing and how minimize the loss of hearing, as per 29 CFR 1910.95.
The topics covered during this training are:
- Definition of noise
- Identify the sound level at which most people get hearing loss
- Identify the three main parts of the ear
- Engineering controls that can be used to reduce sound levels
- Advantages and disadvantages of earplugs and ear muffs
- How to properly insert ear plugs
- Define NRR
- How an audiogram is performed
The candidate will be required to score a minimum competency of 70% on a written exam.