Permit Required Confined Space Rescue
Construction (offshore or onshore) and maritime personnel who may be required to rescue a victim from a confined space.
To instill within the delegates the knowledge of the legal ramifications of
performing a confined space rescue, what PPE is needed for the rescue, and
the ability to conduct a confined space rescue, as per 29 CFR 1910.146.
The following topics will be covered during the training:
- Discuss response to emergencies
- Develop an effective Rescue Plan
- Use of specialized retrieval systems
- Using a Spine board
- Special rescue system consideration and evaluation
- Vertical rescue/horizontal rescue
A 20-question exam comprised true/false and multiple choice prompts. The delegates will also demonstrate competency in using rescue equipment to rescue a victim from a confined space.