Permit Required Confined Space
Entrant, Attendant, Rescue & Supervisor
Construction & Offshore Workers
To instill within the delegates the knowledge of the legal ramifications of performing a confined space rescue and what PPE is needed to effect the rescue, as well as the ability to conduct a confined space rescue, as per 29 CFR 1910.146.
The following topics will be covered during the training:
- Define Permit-Required Confined Space
- Identify the confined spaces in their workplace
- List the five main types of hazardous atmospheres
- Discuss physical hazards that may be encountered
- Complete an entry permit
- Discuss hazard control techniques
- Discuss when respirators are necessary
- Define the roles of the Entrant, Attendant, Supervisor & Rescuer
- Discuss response to emergencies
- Develop an effective Rescue Plan
- Use of specialized retrieval systems
- Using a SKED
- Special rescue system consideration & evaluation
- Vertical rescue & horizontal rescue
The delegate will be required to attain a minimum score of 70% on a written assessment. Delegates will also complete forms associated with confined spaces and successfully complete the practical assessment using rescue equipment to rescue a victim from a confined space.
For more details or to register for this course, please contact Proficient Training & Consulting today at (313) 703-7289 or submit our online contact form.