First Aid, CPR, AED & Bloodborne Pathogens
Onshore and Offshore Employees
Upon completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Recognize a medical emergency.
- Make a decision to help.
- Identify hazards and ensure personal safety.
- Understand how & when to activate emergency medical services (EMS)
- Provide supportive, basic first aid care including CPR.
- Exhibit a level of awareness of the dangers of bloodborne pathogens (BBP) & preventative measures of protection
Basic Plus CPR/AED/First Aid
- Preparing to Help
- First Aid Provider
- Protecting Yourself
- Legal Considerations
- Calling for Help
- Emergency Moves
- CPR and AED
- Cardiac Arrest
- Chest Compressions
- Rescue Breaths
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Primary Assessment
- Caring for Cardiac Arrest
- Multiple Provider Approach to CPR
- Primary Assessment (responsive person)
- Sudden Injury
- Control of Bleeding
- Head, Neck, or Back Injury
- Swollen, Painful, or Deformed Limb
- Minor Injuries
- Sudden Illness
- Altered Mental Status
- Breathing Difficulty , Shortness of Breath
- Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort in the Chest
- Environmental Emergencies
- Heat Emergencies
- Cold Emergencies
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- Specific Bloodborne Pathogens (Hepatitis B Virus -HBV,
- Hepatitis C Virus-HCV, Human Immunodeficiency Virus-HIV)
- Hepatitis B Immunization
- Your Company’s Exposure Control Plan (job classifications, communicating a hazard in the workplace, reducing the risk of exposure, managing an exposure)
- Transmitting bloodborne pathogens
- Methods of Control the Risks of Exposure (standard precautions, PPE)
- When an Exposure Occurs (post-exposure follow up and prophylaxis-PEP)
- Housekeeping (regulated waste, contaminated laundry, decontaminating surfaces)
The delegate must successfully complete the performance criteria consisting of scene assessment, standard precautions, response assessment, EMS activation, breathing assessment and performing CPR.
For more details or to register for this course, please contact Proficient Training & Consulting today at (313) 703-7289 or submit our online contact form.