Pleasure Boat Operators
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Upon the completion of the course, a delegate will be able to:
- Describe boating courtesy
- List the different types of PFD’s and their characteristics
- Discuss the “Rules to Navigation”
- Describe the dangers of hypothermia
- Discuss the roles of the USCG and local law enforcement
The topics covered during this training are:
- Boating terminology and equipment
- Types of boats and hulls
- Preparing to get underway
- Regulations, boating safety, and safety equipment and lights
- Navigating and navigational aids
- Handling emergencies and emergency equipment
The delegate will be required to attain a minimum score of 70% on a written assessment.